When I think of the candy bar Almond Joy, I drift off somewhere in la la land.
Mounds of sweetened coconut. Perfectly toasted almonds, smothered in creamy chocolate…..
See, I drifted off again.
Almond Joy is one of my favorite candy bars, and with good reason. I mean, hello! They’re delicious!
It was a no brainier when it came down to making a new dessert for the blog. Take something I already love and turn it into a creamier, richer version of itself. Yes please! Sign me up. I mean it’s got to be good. It has the word “joy” in it.
First, I took my crushed graham crackers and butter and pressed them into the pan. This will make your bottom crust.
I popped it in the oven to bake while I mixed up the center part of the dessert.
I took two packages of coconut pudding and mixed it with milk. Once the pudding was starting to setup, I folded in my cool whip.
When my crust was cooled off from the oven. I added my pudding mixture on top.
Then I added a layer of shredded coconut with sweetened condensed milk.
Then the almonds.
Finally, I added the final layer which is the creamy chocolate topping I cooked on the stovetop.
It’s always a good idea to let this type of dessert set in the fridge for a few hours to allow it to setup completely before serving.
Now, all that is left to do is enJOY!
- Crust and filing:
- 1 sleeve of chocolate graham crackers
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 coconut instant puddings
- 1 (8ounce) cool whip
- 2¾ cups cold milk
- 1 bag of unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ can of condensed sweetened milk (7 ounces)
- 1 (7ounce) bag of sliced almonds
- Chocolate Topping:
- ⅔ cup coco powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup salted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Crush graham crackers, until fine. Mix with melted butter and press into bottom of a 9x13 pan
- Bake crust for 12 to 15 minutes
- Using a mixer, or by hand, whip pudding and 2¾ cups milk. Once pudding is slightly set, fold in cool whip
- Add pudding mixture to cooled crust
- In a separate bowl, stir 7 ounces of condensed sweetened milk to unsweetened coconut. Layer coconut onto pudding
- Sprinkle almonds evenly onto coconut layer
- In a sauce pan bring coco, sugar and milk to a boil. Boil 1 minute, and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and butter
- Pour chocolate topping onto the almond layer, immediately
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving