I’ve been working on a list of appetizers and snacks for Super Bowl Sunday. These little tasty treats are at the top of my list. If you’re looking for a quick, but delicious appetizer, these bacon wrapped chicken livers are your answer. They will make any get together, or Super Bowl party great!!
Take approximately half a pack of thick cut bacon. Cut each piece in half and set aside.
Take one container of chicken livers and drain them well in a colander. Once they are drained, season them with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
Wrap each chicken liver with one half slice of bacon, tightly. Stick a toothpick through the center of each piece, holding the bacon in place.
My husband likes a little heat with his, so I added sliced jalapeños to half my portions. Also, you can add pearl onions to each bite, if you prefer. They are available in the freezer department at the grocery store. Simply thaw them out before hand and place one mini onion on each, using the toothpick to hold them in place. But, these tasty little bites are great all on their own.
Place each piece in a cast iron skillet, and broil until bacon is cooked completely, and chicken livers are no longer pink inside.
Hope you enjoy!!
- 1 container of chicken livers, drained
- 1 half package of thick cut, smoked bacon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Sliced jalapenos (optional)
- Pearl onions (optional)
- Cut each piece of bacon in half, using a sharp knife, or kitchen shears
- Season chicken livers with salt, pepper and onion powder
- Wrap each piece of chicken liver tightly with bacon half, place toothpick through center
- Place in cast iron skillet
- Broil for 7 minutes. Turn each piece over and broil for another 7 to 8 minutes, or until bacon is cooked completely, and chicken livers are no longer pink inside