I love mozzarella cheese sticks and all their cheesy, gooey goodness. I could probably eat a pound of them all by myself. I seriously have a cheese addiction. Seriously! I could eat cheese everyday, all day.
If somebody would just be kind enough to create an all cheese diet that would help me lose weight, that would be awesome. Until then, I suppose I will have to eat it in moderation. That’s why I love these baked mozzarella sticks sooo much. I can eat more of them without feeling the guilt. They are way better for you than the deep fried, heavily breaded kind, that comes with a hefty fat and calorie count.
This homemade version of this classic treat, hits the spot on my cheese cravings without crushing my weight loss goals. And, they are so easy to make. You’ll be shocked how quickly you can toss this recipe together. You’ll be munching on yummy, cheesy, deliciousness in no time. In fact my nine year made these for my blog post today. She wanted to help, so I let her. They’re that easy to prepare!
My husband says these are way better than the store bought kind. Score for me!
Try these and see for yourself how deliciously tasty these homemade baked mozzarella sticks are. You won’t be disappointed.
- 10 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Panko
- ½ cup traditional bread crumbs
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place traditional bread crumbs and Panko bread crumbs on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned
- Set up a dredge station by mixing traditional bread crumbs, Panko bread crumbs and seasonings, in a medium sized bowl.
- Place flour onto a dinner plate
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs together
- Remove plastic cover from mozzarella cheese stick and dip into the egg wash first, then roll it in the flour, back in egg wash and then roll in Panko-bread crumb mixture. Press cheese hard into the Panko-bread crumb mixture, covering the entire surface of the cheese
- Repeat this process 9 more times, until all cheese sticks are evenly coated
- Place mozzarella cheese sticks onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Set in freezer for 30 to 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Remove cookie sheet from freezer. Move mozzarella sticks to a room temperature cookie sheet and bake immediately
- Cook between 12 to 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and serve immediately, with warm marinara sauce