My family looovvess chicken! We tend to have it several times a week. I’m always trying to come up with new ways to fry, grill, or bake it so that my family doesn’t become bored with the same old thing. I made up this recipe one night while trying to create something different. I’ve tweaked it a few times since, and now I think it’s fair to say that this broccoli and cheddar stuffed chicken is amazing.
First, I took four large chicken breasts and sliced them down the middle, about three quarters of the way through to butterfly them. Once they were sliced, I laid them flat and pounded them with my meat tenderizer. This is a good way to let out some of the days frustrations, ha.
I spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture evenly over each pounded chicken breast. Then added 1/4 of the shredded cheese, and 1/4 of the steamed broccoli to the center.
Then I rolled each breast up, and stuck a toothpick in the center to hold it in place. I continued this until all four breast were stuffed. Last, I rolled each breast in seasoned bread crumbs and placed in a large iron skillet to bake.
I broiled mine for the last ten minutes to let them get good and crispy. Before serving I topped each piece with a little parsley to give it some color. Enjoy!!!
- 4 large boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ cups seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350
- Butterfly 4 large chicken breast
- Pound each equally thin with a meat tenderizer
- In a separate bowl mix cream cheese, mayo, onion powder, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. Once mixed well, spread ¼ of the mixture evenly on top each tenderized breast
- Add ¼ of the steamed broccoli and1/4 of the shredded cheese to the center of each piece of chicken
- Roll each piece lengthwise tucking under with your fingers as you roll toward the center
- Place a toothpick in the center of each chicken breast and roll in seasoned bread crumbs
- Place chicken in an iron skillet or a aluminum lined cookie sheet
- Remove toothpicks and bake at 350 degrees, for 40 minutes
- Broil for 10 minutes, or until chicken becomes brown and crispy
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving