One day I was sitting around searching for doughnut recipes, when I stumbled across something on Pinterest. It was recipe on Food Network, where they cut up pieces of biscuits and fried them. They looked like little pillow clouds dipped in sugar.
- 1 can of Grands biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups oil (I used coconut oil)
- Heat 2 cups oil in a deep pot, or Dutch Oven
- Open canned biscuits
- Use a soda bottle cap, or something small to cut through the center of each biscuit
- One at a time, place in deep pot, or Dutch Oven. Cook approximately @ 225 degrees for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl
- Remove doughnut from oil and dip into sugar-cinnamon mixture, coating doughnut completely.