No picture can show you how amazingly delicious these herb butter pizza rolls are. They’re so melt in your mouth good, you’ll have to try them to believe it.
These will definitely be at the top of my Super Bowl food list this year.
Warm, buttery herb rolls, stuffed with deli style pepperoni, mozzarella, and pizza sauce. Yum!!
However I have to tell you, this recipe comes with a warning tag. You won’t be able to stop eating these until they’re all gone. So unless you want to eat them all yourself, I’d suggest you make them with other people around. They are that good!
For this recipe I used frozen dinner rolls. It made preparing these yummy treats so quick and easy. Just simply set them out to thaw at room temperature.
Once they are thawed, flatten each roll and place one deli slice of pepperoni or deli salami in the center. Leave a small amount of dough around the outer edge.
Place one piece of mozzarella in the center of the deli meat. Then add one small scoop of pizza sauce. Adding too much sauce will make your rolls soggy inside, so be careful not to over fill with sauce.
Fold dough over and pinch all around the sides, sealing the dough. Rolls will have the appearance of a fried pie at this time. Allow rolls to rise at room temperature for about an hour. Then bake, until browned.
Brush hot rolls with herb butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 12 frozen yeast rolls (dough form)
- 3 mozzarella cheese sticks
- ¼ jar of pizza sauce
- 12 pieces of deli style pepperoni, or deli style salami
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Thaw frozen rolls at room temperature
- Once thawed flatten each roll into a flat circle
- Place one slice of deli meat in center of roll. Leave enough dough around the edge to seal
- Cut each cheese stick into 4 equal pieces. Place one piece in the center of each deli meat slice
- Top with a small spoonful of sauce
- Fold dough over and pinch to seal each roll, leaving no gaps
- Place on cookie sheet and allow to rise for a minimum of an hour
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes, or until brown
- In a microwave bowl add butter, salt, garlic powder and oregano. Microwave on high for 30 to 40 seconds
- Brush the tops of pizza rolls with the melted herb butter
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
- Serve warm