Well, I’ve got two sick kids this week. Both littles have really bad colds. Between doctor visits, nursing them back to health, and lots and lots of snuggles, I’m short on cooking and blogging time. But that’s ok, I can adjust. My family always comes first.
It’s times like this that it’s good to have some super simple dinner recipes to choose from. This one pot lasagna soup is both extremely easy to fix, and a delicious and hearty meal to eat.
First, I browned my lean hamburger meat.
Then I added my onions. I cooked them until they started to become tender. I did a rough chop on these.
I added my minced garlic and let it cook for about a minute.
Next, I added my canned Italian style tomatoes. I love the Dei Fratelli brand.
Then the chicken broth.
And tomato paste.
I let it simmer for about 30 minutes.
When it comes to lasagna noodles, any brand will do. I actually only had oven ready lasagna noodles so used those. But traditional dried noodles work great too.
Just crumble them up a bit, and toss them in. Once your noodles are tender remove soup from heat.
Add Parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh herbs. Yummy!!
All that’s left to do is Enjoy!!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1(28 ounce) can diced Italian style tomatoes
- 32 ounces of chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 oven ready pasta sheets
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- In a pot, or Dutch Oven brown ground beef over medium heat
- Add chopped onions and cook till tender
- Add garlic and cook for one additional minute
- Pour in canned tomatoes and chicken broth
- Add tomato paste and dried oregano. Simmer for 30 minutes
- Crumble lasagna noodles and cook until tender, approximately 7 minutes
- Remove soup from heat and top with Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs before serving