Don’t let this soup fool you. Even though it looks complicated to make, it’s actually extremely easy. If you love fresh seafood, then this is a great soup for you to try.
Here’s what you need:
1 small onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 tablespoons butter
(28 ounce) canned diced tomatoes
1 bottle clam juice
4 cups vegetable broth
1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp creole seasoning
1/4 teaspoon old bay seasoning
1 pound fresh cod, diced in chunks
1 pound frozen mussels in white wine and garlic sauce
8 fresh little neck clams
1 pound fresh shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 28 ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 bottle clam juice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp creole seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ole bay
- 1 pound cod, diced in chunks
- 1 pound frozen mussels in white wine and garlic sauce
- 8 fresh little neck clams
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, deveined and peeled
- Sauté' celery and onion in 2 tablespoons butter, until tender. Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in vegetable broth, tomatoes and clam juice.
- Add in seasonings and dried herbs. Simmer for 3o minutes.
- Add in frozen mussels with sauce, and fresh neck clams. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in fresh shrimp and diced cod. Cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp is no longer grey, and the shells have opened on the mussels and clams.