Mother’s Day always makes me take a second just to realize how truly blessed I am to have three wonderful kids. Sure they keep me on my toes, and make me want to lock myself in the bathroom some days. But, more often than not, they’re little angels that simply make me proud to be their mama.
Also, I want to say Happy Mother’s Day, to my mother. Thanks for always being such a great mom and friend.
To celebrate Mother’s Day, the kids and I are going to Plant flowers outside. I’m sure there will be dirty faces, bruised knees, and a few mishaps before the day is done. But it’s worth it to see them happy to help, and to spend the day with me, without distraction.
Since we will be outside most of the day. Last night I threw together this super simple, super delicious fruit salad, to eat as a snack later. It’s so easy to make and the family loves it. Especially when it’s covered in whipped cream.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 personal sized seedless watermelon
1/2 of a medium cantaloupe
2 cups green grapes
1 pint fresh blueberries
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 small package of dry vanilla pudding mix
Happy Mother’s Day!!!
- ½ personal sized seedless watermelon
- ½ of a medium cantaloupe
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small package of dry vanilla pudding mix
- Whipped topping
- Chopped walnuts
- Add all the fruit in a bowl. Top with dry pudding mix. Mix well and place in fridge. Allow to chill for a few hours before serving
- Top with nuts and whipped topping. Serve immediately