So, my toddler has had imaginary pigs for the past few months now. We keep waiting for her to forget about them, but so far it’s not happening. In fact, it’s getting worse. They eat dinner with us, go out with us to the store, and even sleep in her bed at night.
The other day I had to move to a new spot on the couch, because the pigs were in my seat. Apparently they’re only a few inches tall and are yellow, blue, and green in color. 🐷🐷🐷
The good news is, the pigs aren’t too picky when it comes to feeding them.
They tend to eat just about everything I make, and help encourage my daughter to eat as well. So I guess we won’t be running them off anytime soon. I mean after all, imaginary pets are the easiest to take care of, right?
This delicious Ultimate Cornbread Salad stands on its own. There’s no need for imaginary pigs to help encourage my family eat this amazingly good dish.
It’s like all the foods I love most in this world, all mixed up in one bowl. Cheese, pickles, bacon, buttermilk cornbread and creamy homemade ranch dressing. There’s just something about cornbread salad that makes my day a little brighter. ☀☀
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 (10inch) pan of cornbread http://www.southernsimmer.com/easy-3-ingredient-cornbread/
2 cups prepared ranch dressing http://www.southernsimmer.com/buttermilk-ranch-dressing/
1 can (15.5 ounces) light kidney beans, drained
3 tomatoes, diced
1 red or orange bell pepper, diced
1 small sweet onion, diced
4 to 6 green onions, diced
1 English cucumber, diced
1 cup dill pickles, diced
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 (10 inch) pan of cornbread
- 2 cups prepared ranch dressing
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) light kidney beans, drained
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 4 to 6 green onions, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup dill pickles, diced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- Crumble half the pan of cornbread in a bowl. Top with layer of tomatoes, cucumbers, white onion and kidney beans
- Crumble remaining cornbread on top. Add layer of peppers, pickles and ranch dressing.
- Finally top with a layer of cheese, crumbled bacon and green onions
- **If salad seems dry add more ranch dressing or ½ cup of pickle juice to moisten.